This is from my Encore Session from 2003 (2002 had been rated in the top 10 from the end of session evaluations)
The Alignment at 3 Levels Example Model
Aligning with the Enterprise voice of the customers at Level 1 means. . .
- You are “wired” into the more critical, strategic needs of the enterprise, and your contribution and results are seen as adding value
- Your enterprise leaders are “governing” your ISD/ HPT focus and providing timely and sufficient resources
- They influence “what” and “when” but not usually “how” to conduct the project
- They own the “business decisions” inherent in ISD/HPT program management, planning, and project conduct
When and How to Align Informally . . .
- When your situation is less complex
- Enterprise leaders can be interviewed in their offices or at lunch/dinners, and the business issues and needs solicited and feedback gathered on prior effort
When and How to Align Formally . . .
- When your situation is more complex
- A “Board of Governors” can be formed to formally meet to set strategic direction, review functional needs, allocate resources, and review results
- Or you can get on the agenda of any routine meetings of the enterprise executives for their input, decision-making, and results review
For the 2003 ISPI Conference 29 page Presentation PDF – please go here.
# # #