Or So It Seems
Have things gotten better? I don’t really think so.
Here are my Top 5 Issues from a Blog Post back in 2014:
1. Lack of focus on authentic task performance requirements – too much focus on topics and delivery/access technology.
2. Lack of analysis of all of the gaps in the process performance enablers – it may not be a gap in knowledge/skills.
3. Lack of consistent but flexible, valid ISD processes for accelerated efforts.
4. Too many instructional one off development efforts, and gaps and overlaps in the total collection of content.
5. Lack of Advanced Organizers in the flow of content; lack of reinforcements including reminders, demos, practice exercises and tests of both knowledge and application.
For that Post from December 2, 2014 – please go – here.
Hopefully – your experience is different than mine. And you see improvements where I don’t.
Happy New Year – in 2 days!
And my wishes for Improvement across the profession!
# # #