Stop Thinking Like an Instructional Designer
Start thinking like a game designer.
Karl Kapp – 2018 DevLearn Guild Master Award – Professor, Bloomsburg University.
This video is 69:03 minutes in length.
Instructional designers tend to think content first, and action second. In contrast, game designers think action first. As a result, most games are engaging, intriguing, and immersive, while most instruction tends to be boring and perfunctory.
Changing your mind set from instructional designer to game designer will help you create engaging and effective learning experiences.
Join world-renowned expert on games and learning, Karl Kapp to learn methods that will help you think like a game designer and transform stale training into exciting and interesting experiences for participants.
• Explore how game designers engage players and immerse them in the game environment
• Learn to create engaging instruction using game design techniques
• Discover how to think like a game designer when creating learning experiences
• Understand why curiosity is so important – and how to inspire it
• Examine the importance of mistakes as part of the learning process
# # #