A few months ago I was invited to join the LDA – L&D Accelerator‘s Executive Advisory Board.
Honored, I accepted without hesitation. I’ve known the instigators, er, organizers, for decades.
That would be Matt Richter and Will Thalheimer.
What Is LDA?
A global membership community to support professionals in L&D! The Learning Development Accelerator, known colloquially as LDA, brings professionals together to support and learn from each other, explores research-aligned practices, builds professional standing for the field, and advocates for all professionals in L&D.
WE ASPIRE TO BE DIFFERENT!
- LDA will encourage research-aligned practices
- LDA will have a professionals-first focus
- LDA will be truly global and diverse
- LDA will take risks to be innovative
- LDA will enable members to speak up and speak out
- LDA will help accelerate industry professionalism
As L&D professionals, we help others. We help them learn and grow. We nurture careers and aspirations for people of all backgrounds at all levels. We help organizations push forward to success. In short, we do L&D work so that others may thrive. What we need now, more than ever in these challenging times, is a community that puts us at the center! We will:
- Accelerate our ability to learn from and challenge each other
- Learn from research, evidence, and practice
- Inform our professional values
- Build a foundational core of professional competencies
- Form a true membership community
What is the role of the LDA Executive Advisory Board?
From Matt & Will: LDA is guided and advised by a global team of L&D experts. This group of thought leaders provides insights, suggestions, support, instruction, and so much more. They are both our inspiration and the rock we lean on as we work to make LDA the best it can be.
Who Else Sits on the LDA Executive Advisory Board?
In alpha order…
See everyone’s bios – here.
The website just went live yesterday – and there will soon be announcements as to “What Comes Next.”
Check it out. Bookmark the site. Sign up for info. Consider joining!
And … Buckle Up!