I’ve been following Connie via Social Media for close to 15 years now, and I always have enjoyed what she shares.
Adapted from LinkedIn
Founder of Mastering Instructional Design, a diverse international community where Connie helps people start, build and grow their Instructional Design skills at: https://masteringid.com.
Connie is a recognized Learning Experience Designer with a history of delighted clients. She is skilled in instructional design, visual design, and workshop facilitation. She is also an international keynote speaker and author of two books written at the intersection of visual design and learning.
Connie publishes on The eLearning Coach website with free resources and has over 350 articles, and other resources, including The eLearning Coach Podcast, and Breaking into Instructional Design.
Download her free eBook: Writing for Instructional Design at http://theelearningcoach.com.
This video is 20:48 minutes in length.
Connect with Connie
Connie’s LinkedIn Profile
- masteringid.com (my community for people who want to learn, build and grow their instructional design skills)
- theelearningcoach.com (350+ articles and resources for instructional designers, since 2009)
- theelearningcoach podcast (conversations with professors, authors and practitioners where we discuss a range of topics related to instructional design)
- breakingintoid.com (free 12-lesson email course about a career in instructional design)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/idnewb (facebook group for instructional design newbies)
Guy’s HPT Video Series
The HPT Video Series … formerly known as the HPT Practitioner and HPT Legacy Video Series … was started by Guy W. Wallace in 2008 as a means of sharing the diversity of HPT Practitioners, and the diversity of HPT Practices in the workplace and in academia.
The full set of videos – over 150 – may be found and linked to – here.
HPT – Human Performance Technology – is the application of science – the “technology” part – for Performance Improvement.
As the late Don Tosti noted, “All performance is a human endeavor.”
Whether your label for HPT is that, or Performance Improvement, or Human Performance Improvement, it is all about Evidence-Based Practices for Performance Improvement at the Individual level, the Team level, the Process level, the Department level, the Functional level, the Enterprise level, and at the level of Society/World.
HPT Practitioners might operate at any of these levels, as this Video Series clearly demonstrates.
Although ISPI – the International Society for Performance Improvement is the professional home of many HPT Practitioners – the concepts, models, methods, tools and techniques are not limited to any one professional affinity group or professional label.
ISPI just happens to be where I learned about HPT – and has been my professional home since 1979.
This Series Has Evolved Since 2008
These videos were first posted on Google Video, then they were moved to Blink, and now they may all be found on YouTube. And my name for them has changed as well…
HPT Practitioner Video Podcasts and HPT Legacy Video Podcasts
– Practitioner Series – short 2-10 minutes, following a script. Intended to show the diversity of HPT and HPT Practitioners. (2008-2018)
– Legacy Series – longer 15-40+ minutes, also scripted, with added stories of other NSPI/ ISPI’ers from the earlier days of the Society or others who were of great influence. Intended to capture the stories of the people who influenced us. (2008-2018)
– HPT Video Series (2019+) – is a continuation of the first two types of videos in this series, but with less focus on capturing NSPI/ISPI members – and expanding out to any and all who use Evidence-Based Practices in Performance Improvement regardless of any affiliation with ISPI or not.
You must be logged in to post a comment.