Adapted from LinkedIn
Charles Jennings is a recognised expert on building and implementing learning and organisational performance strategies.
For more than 40 years, Charles has led learning and performance improvement projects for multinational corporations, government agencies, not-for-profits, and other organisations.
He has worked with the 70:20:10 model for 20+ years. This performance-centric approach is based on observations and research that suggest high performing organisations and individuals develop most of their capability through learning through workflow. In other words, learning from working and from others rather than learning to work.
Career roles include:
– Chief Learning Officer at Reuters and Thomson Reuters with responsibility for the developing and implementing learning and performance strategies for 55,000 employees across the globe.
– Consultant with global companies working at the forefront of the ‘new learning and performance’ world.
– Director of Strategic Technology for the transactions division of Dow Jones Markets where he had responsibility for directing projects on Internet-based learning/training and performance support.
– Several academic posts, including:
Professor at Southampton Business School (UK)
Director of CECOMM (The UK National Centre for Network-Based Learning)
Charles has been a keynote and invited speaker at many international events around the world, including three Gulf Economic Forum conferences attended by high-level government and business officials, many Heads of State, Presidents, and Prime Ministers.
Key Areas of Expertise: Workplace Learning. Human Performance & Productivity. Learning & Talent Development Strategy and Operations. 70:20:10 Methodology. Value-Based L&D Methodology. ‘Working Smarter’. 70:20:10 Strategies and Implementation. ‘Informal’ Learning. Performance Support and Business Process Guidance. Learning Technologies. Social Learning.
This video is 41:53 minutes in length.
Connect with Charles
Charles’ LinkedIn Profile: linkedin.com/in/charlesjennings
- duntroon.com (Company)
Phone: +44 7990 565753 (Mobile)
Address: Duntroon Consultants
IM: charlesjennings (Skype)
Guy’s HPT Video Series
The HPT Video Series … formerly known as the HPT Practitioner and HPT Legacy Video Series … was started by Guy W. Wallace in 2008 as a means of sharing the diversity of HPT Practitioners and the diversity of their HPT Practices in the workplace and academia.
The full set of videos – over 160 – may be found indexed and linked to – here.
HPT – Human Performance Technology – is the application of science – the “technology” part – for Performance Improvement.
As a former colleague has noted, “All performance is a human endeavor.”
Whether your label for HPT is that, or Performance Improvement, or Human Performance Improvement, it is all about Evidence-Based Practices for Performance Improvement at the Individual level, the Team level, the Process level, the Department level, the Functional level, the Enterprise level, and at the level of Society/World.
HPT Practitioners might operate at any of these levels, as this Video Series clearly demonstrates.
This Series Has Evolved Since 2008
These videos were first posted on Google Video, then they were moved to Blink, and now they may all be found on YouTube. And my name for them has changed as well…
HPT Practitioner Video Podcasts and HPT Legacy Video Podcasts
– Practitioner Series – short 2-10 minutes, following a script. Intended to show the diversity of HPT and HPT Practitioners. (2008-2018)
– Legacy Series – longer 15-40+ minutes, also scripted, with added stories of other NSPI/ ISPI’ers from the earlier days of the Society or others who were of great influence. Intended to capture the stories of the people who influenced us. (2008-2018)
– HPT Video Series (2019+) – is a continuation of the first two types of videos in this series but with less focus on capturing NSPI/ISPI members – and expanding out to any and all who use Evidence-Based
You must be logged in to post a comment.