The only thing I fear is not making a positive difference.
I approach Training/Instruction/Learning Design from a different perspective than most, for a variety of reasons.
* My background is in engineering, quality/safety programs, human performance, and root cause analysis.
* I’m still a trainee in the same environment as my target learner population, so I get to experience training the same way everyone else does.
* I have major attention issues (diagnosed ADHD-Primarily Inattentive as an adult), so I have no patience for boring, badly human-factored training content.
* I am a skeptic, a contrarian, and a habitual devil’s advocate.
So… I guess what I’m saying is don’t be surprised if I disagree with you on a topic and then also agree with you later on the very same topic. I have my reasons; it’s not personal.
This video is 58:24 minutes in length.
- Learning Solutions article – https://learningsolutionsmag.com/articles/adaptive-learning-time-to-get-serious
- Conference Paper from Feb 2021 – https://www.bill-wilson.net/docs/CONTE_2021-AdaptiveComputerBasedTraining-noEmails.pdf
- Old US Govt pamphlet on Programmed Instruction – https://books.google.ca/books?id=RG8_mbXODSYC
- Proceedings from 1st NSPI Conference – https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED028635.pdf Big file! Papers mentioned: Crowder on pg 28 (PDF pg 41), Mager on pg 235 (PDF pg 243)
- Mager’s “Preparing Instructional Objectives” – https://archive.org/search.php?query=preparinginstruc0000mage_d6d3 Should really be read in a physical book with real pages; flipping pages in electronic format is not fun.
- Christy Tucker on Twine for eLearning – https://www.christytuckerlearning.com/storytelling-and-scenarios/#twine
- Something else I should have mentioned – https://www.learningguild.com/insights/268/adaptive-and-personalized-learning-experiences/ and the Learning Guild research report “Adaptive and Personalized Learning Experiences” by Chad Udell and Jennifer Murphy
Connect with Bill on LinkedIn:
Instructional Currentz Video Series
This video series is intended to focus on current Instructional Systems Design/ Instructional Design/ Learning Experience Design “Topics, Tools, and Techniques” with Thought Leaders and Practitioners.
See the entire collection of Instructional Currentz videos – here.