Video Recorded June 18, 2018
Video is 35:19 minutes in length.
Will and I met at an ISPI Conference about 12 years ago, or so. I have been a big fan of his ever since.
He has been on my HPT Video Target List for years – and now that I am doing these via Skype and Camtasia – we no longer had to sit together face-to-face to get ‘er done.
- Will Interviewed on HRD TV (Belgium, 2017)
- Rethinking Smile Sheets (at the LTEN Conference, 2017)
- Spacing Effect and Subscription Learning (at the Learning Technologies Conference, 2017)
- Instructional Objectives — A Brilliant Research-Based Analysis (2015)
- Kirkpatrick Model Good or Bad? The Epic Mega Battle Continues… (2015)
- Research on Traditional Smile Sheets — What it means for Your Organization (2015)
- Introduction to the eLearning Manifesto (2014)
- Five Failures of Workplace Learning Professionals (2013)
- Stop Using Slide Templates!! (2012)
- Training Maximizers Model — In Depth (2011)
- Linking Training to Performance (2011)
- The Learning and Forgetting Curves — In Depth (2011)
- The Learning Landscape Model (2010)
- Will Interviews Roy Pollock on Manager’s Role in Training (2009)
- Job Aids — Childs Play 1 (2009)
- Job Aids — Childs Play 2 (2009)
The Debunkers Club
From The Debunkers Club Home Page
Welcome to The Debunker Club!
This website is dedicated to the proposition that all information is not created equal. Much of it is endowed by its creators with certain undeniable wrongs. Misinformation is dangerous!!
There’s a lot of crap floating around the learning field. Much of it gets passed around by well-meaning folks, but it is harmful regardless of the purity of the conveyer.
People who attempt to debunk myths, mistakes, and misinformation are often tireless in their efforts. They are also too often helpless against the avalanche of information.
The Debunker Club is an experiment in professional responsibility. Anyone who’s interested may join as long as they agree to the following:
- I would like to see less misinformation in the learning field.
- I will invest some of my time in learning and seeking the truth, from sources like peer-reviewed scientific research or translations of that research.
- I will politely, but actively, provide feedback to those who transmit misinformation.
- More than a few times per year, I will actively advocate to debunk misinformation, EITHER by seeking out providers of misinformation and providing them with polite feedback, OR publicly posting debunking information on social media, etc. (or doing both).
- I will be open to counter feedback, listening to understand opposing viewpoints. I will provide counter-evidence and argument when warranted.
Do you want to join The Debunking Club? Sign up below. We’ll let you know if your application is accepted.
Connect with Will Online
Twitter – https://twitter.com/WillWorkLearn
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/willthalheimer/
His WorkLearning Website – https://www.worklearning.com/
His Smiles Sheet Website
Connect By Email & Phone
My Collection of HPT Practitioner and HPT Legacy Videos
Over 60 videos – see the Index – here.
My goal when I began these in 2008 was to portray both the diversity of HPT Practice and the Practitioners. Check them out!
# # #